NAZALI Tax & Legal is renowned for an expertise in multijurisdictional high value deals with a focus on private equity and industry-specific strategic transactions, both in Turkish and cross-border.
In a boosting Turkish market environment, we advise private equity houses in their investments, day-to-day management of their portfolio companies and in exiting their investments which the exit is achieved mainly by way of share transfer or IPO.
Our M&A team acts for clients of all sizes on some of Turkey’s most complex private equity transactions. The track-record we have developed based on the number of deals as compared to other Turkish law firms is a simple evidence that we have capacity to deliver high quality commercial and legal advice to our clients who benefit from the efficiencies derived from our experience. Our experience is deep and varied and covers all aspects of the private equity lifecycle. Our team has extensive experience working on large scale projects and has played a pivotal role in providing legal services to buyers and sellers from initial structuring advice, due diligence, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, assisting with obtaining required approvals from administrative authorities, including the Turkish Competition Board and the Energy Markey Regulatory Agency and ensuring that the pre-conditions are met, to assisting with completion and post-completion matters.
Our M&A Services
- Advising clients in their role as either bidders or targets at all stages of the transaction,
- Preparing due diligence reports always accompanied by executive summaries, tailored to the needs of the client,
- Assisting clients to cure legal deficiencies in the case of representation of the targets during the due diligence phase,
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing share purchase agreements, share subscription agreements and if any shareholders’ agreements,
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing joint venture agreements,
- Negotiating on relevant security measures and drafting relevant transaction documents (i.e. escrow, share pledge),
- Making necessary fillings and assisting clients to meet the pre-conditions set forth under the transaction documents and attending the closing formalities,
- Amendment to companies’ articles of associations to reflect the agreement among the shareholders,
- Legal representation for our clients on their disputes related with mergers and acquisitions, such as violation of several provisions of share purchase and shareholders’ agreement and other disputes relating to public and private deals as well as corporate governance issues and all other kinds of shareholder disputes.